February 1 ~ April 1, 2014.
Online selection results
April 8, 2014.
May 8 ~ May 23, 2014.
May 25 ~ June 10, 2014
Who can participate?
– Brazilians and foreigners, residents and nonresidents;
– Young artists, art students, artists interested in electronic production, art teachers in schools and universities, cultural producers and local communities around Tropeiros Road.
rural.scapes lab in residence is headquartered at the main house of an old coffee farm in São José Barreiro, at the foothills of Serra da Bocaina National Park, located on the triple border between São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais, three economically important poles of southeastern Brazil.
– Submissions are online, through the form available in this website;
– Up to 20 Mb attachments will be accepted. Video and audio should be hosted on platforms such as Vimeo or Youtube (if necessary, inform the password along with the link mention) ;
– Submitting a project characterizes the acceptance of the terms of this call.
The Lab in Residence proposal works on decentralization of artistic production from large urban centers to rural areas. This shift makes us think about what is the rural environment in the century, in the information era.
How do interdependencies undermined between urban and rural worlds happen? How are these two contexts connected and/or dissociated into their everyday experiences? Displacement, as well as exchange, has a transformative action on paradigm, view, practice and production in both contexts?
The selected projects must relate with the local context. We consider connections with local context as to be projects that work on Tropeiros Road’s local surrounding elements, between the cities of Silveiras and Bananal, including Queluz, Areias, São José do Barreiro and Arapeí.
– Applicants are allowed to apply at maximum 2 projects.
– 8 projects will be selected by open pitching and 4 by direct selection;
– Jury acknowledgement will be taken together with the list of selected projects;
– The jury is formed by five professionals of the field, 2 foreigners and 3 Brazilians.